Sunday, April 4, 2010

A note on Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox

FANTASTIC MR. FOX( Wes Anderson co/w Noah Baumbach) An animated Wes Anderson film? The Darjeeling Limited had not seemed animate except for the Kinks song at the beginning and those kooky OTC Indian meds. But, dear me, FMF is hardly a feelgood movie but it certainly made me feel good. And I'll cuss up any one who says different. I've always loved puppetry and stop action animation ( I'll sit through any old cuss if Ray Harryhausen's name is on it). Anderson had me. My opinion of his other movies, except Bottle Rocket and The Royal Tenenbaums has always been mixed. Sometimes greatness, sometimes a cuss of a lot of visual frou -frou. For now, however, he and his fantastic cowriter Noah " son of Georgia Brown" Baumbach can do no wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi david

thank you for the comment

all those works were made within a few hours last night and yeah they'r meant to be cruel/upsetting

its just my mindset at the moment, i don't know if that's good/bad

im just trying to be honest

alex

david said...

Alex Rose - I've been procrastinating.
Time to do something different and not just "blog in a fog", as a friend? put it. I don't think it's necessary to justify yr mindset. Jesus. Keep looking here.