Thursday, October 2, 2008

gallimaufry A



Listening to the Biden-Palin debate I was struck by Senator Joe's musical cadence, the way he turned part of one answer into a recitative with "George W. Bush" as a hook at the end. ( Does opera have hooks?) Wow it's Senator Balin vs Governor Elva Miller, I said to myself as the breeze came by.

After falling down in my bedroom and bruising both knees I thought nothing of it ( I fell down a lot last fall and winter) until the pain hit me yesterday after work. I hurried to the ER and was wheeled into the boo boo room, where you're seen by a physician's assistant, not a fullblown M.D. Reading the instructions for the hydrocodone- acetaminophin hybrid they gave me for pain, I was surprised by how much space was taken up warning against excessive acetaminophin ( Tylenol when it's at home) usage. Perhaps the innocuous buffer should be a controlled substance, not the opioid.

Some bloggists have wish lists. I don't have the nerve to do that.
However, I will gladly accompany anyone anywhere to see Morrissey. Watching him sing Hairdresser on Fire ( Oye Estaban Tour 1999) roused the mad fanboy in me. I don't care how dodgy or malodorous you are, as long as you foot the bill.


No comments: