Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shame

I feel that I've let down the four people who glance in this blog's direction. First I promise smut and don't deliver. Yesterday I went to see Oliver Stone's W intending to review. Apparently my Jujyfruits were drugged. I fell asleep about half an hour into the movie and woke to see the costume design credits roll past.
However, the nearly half an hour that I saw didn't excite me much. Jeffrey Wright was as convincing as Colin Powell as he is in nearly every other character he's played. Toby Jones as Karl Rove had a grinning demonic quality that made me think he might be a good reason to try seeing W again. Josh Brolin seems too young even when aged for the camera. Ellen Burstyn is too sweet as Ma Bush. James Cromwell would have worked if this were a JFK style melodrama, which my wakeful companion assured me it wasn't.
Those are my recovered memories of W.

1 comment:

Will Decker said...

David,
YEA! I finally got over here for a good read.

I am soooo pleased: Feel Like I Have Found A Soul Mate. Hope that is OK.
Will